Instagram Diary | Paris in the Snow


The weather has an incredible way of making you appreciate life a little differently every time... While I was in Paris, I was lucky enough to be caught up in the blizzards that turned everything into a crisp and white wonderland. The Gard du Nord was magnificent with its crisp icing, while out in the suburbs where I was working at Maison & Objet, the drifts were thick, fluffy and endless.

While road traffic got lethal (the first night after the snowfall, 5 people were killed around France in snow-related accidents), public transport stayed serenely unaffected, so I made my way into town both on Saturday and Monday nights for some fun. Below is the Centre Georges Pompidou in all its industrial-age finery, twinkling away.




On Monday night, I met my friend Sylvain for dinner at an awesome Vietnamese steamed dumpling place in Pigalle called Yoom on the Avenue des Martyrs. Redefined for Parisian palettes, the tasteful interior matched the hipster vibe of Pigalle perfectly. The dumplings came in these wonderful tiered baskets, all washed down with some stunning green tea.

A climb up Montmartre in the bitter fresh air and a stop in a typically "bobo" bar was the perfect digestif......








No comments:

Post a Comment