Girls Names @ the Twisted Pepper, Dublin

To celebrate Girls Names' current tour, I'm posting a few snaps from when I saw them play Dublin.

The very same weekend I went to see my man friend Phil play with Charles Hurts in Belfast, I high-tailed it down to the Fair City the next day with him to see him play with his other band Girl Names, at the Record Store Day at the Twisted Pepper on Abbey Street. We took the bus down and landed a few hours before they hit the stage, so settled down with some tasty mojitos before they hit the stage. It was a great wee gig. They have a kind of sunny, old-school indie sound with a dash of electronic reverb thrown in. Perfect for dancing, too - although I thought the guy who called it a "rave" was taking things a bit far.... They're playing London tonight and will be on the road til they land on the Primavera stages in Barcelona on 2nd and 3rd June where I'll be dancing in the sunshine... Catch them while you can!

Wed 23rd May @ The Waiting Room, Stoke Newington, London
Thu 24th May @ The Green Door Store, Brighton
Sat 26th May @ Le Guess Who festival, Utrecht
Sun 27th May @ Effenaar Kleine Zaal, Eindhoven 
Mon 28th May @ Cafe Video, Ghent
Tues 29th May @ Point Ephemere, Paris
Sat 2nd June @ Primavera Sound festival, Barcelona
Sun 3rd June @ Primavera al Parc, Barcelona   


    





No comments:

Post a Comment