[London] Helena Cristensen's Triumph Launch @ Selfridge's

Jordanna and Helena
Being a Blackberry girl, most app's bypass me completely - that is, until Vogue launched their News App with Vertu Mobile for Blackberry about 6 weeks ago, and I now love the fashion news updates and pictures of "people and parties" from my handy handset. When I was reading about the Helena Christensen Triumph collection launch at Selfridge's, I was able to respond immediately to the call for people interested in attending to email the PR; the first hundred in would get a place. Sweet! I was thrilled when I got the invite, only problem being I was leaving London right after fashion week and was going to miss it completely!

Luckily for me, my LFW friend, the fabulous photographer and blogger Jordanna of Pandora' Thoughts was only too happy to help out. A massive fan of Helena, she was far more deserving of the place and had a ball. She took her friend Maria along, and they were the only ones throwing some shapes to the booty-shakin' playlist - sounds like me, Sara and Niall at a certain fashion week party!

Tucked away at the back of Selfridge's, there was champagne and canapés and models showing off the range. She says the collection is stunning up close. The range includes fairly classic shapes and colours, but being deigned by a former Victoria's Secrets Angel, is super classy and flattering and includes shape wear and high waisted pants as well as bras and knickers perfect for the grown-up woman. I love the shoot she did with Rankin, who I met at the Scottish Style Awards last June.

Triumph had set up a magic screen called the "Fantasy Mirror" that told you what undies were best suit to your body shape and even gave you an image of yourself in them without the need to strip off so much as a stitch! Genius indeed. Jordanna also got to meet her idol, Helena - not for enough time for any questions, but time enough for a little fan shot. Apparently, Cheska from Made In Chelsea was spotted wandering around looking a it lost. Sounds like they had a great time - I love the range, and will be popping into Brown Thomas in Dublin to check it out myself.








No comments:

Post a Comment