[Electric Dress] H&M Fashion Against AIDS

Three exciting developments in my life brought about this new post. One, H&M unveiled their fantastic new Fashion Against AIDS collection. Two, I decided to try my hand at editorial spreads. And three, I booked plane tickets to go to Primavera! I am getting in as a plus one with my handsome new band lad Phil to see him play with his Belfast cohort Girls Names!

But enough about him, what about these clothes?

 The concept of the H&M range is fantastic, with 25% of all proceeds going to charity. I love the tribal inspirations in the offering (I got a hella hot KTZ style denim dress from an H&M FAA range in the past) but it was this pink dip dye, extra long top that caught my eye. Everything about it screams easy breezy summer holidays, while the temptation to punk it up with leather would trash out the pastel factor to the maxxx.

I imagined a kind of futuristic hippy look for going a-festivalling in, partly because spacey sportswear is my favourite trend after punk, and partly after last weekend, Phil introduced me to Spaceballs, one of the only major Mel Brooks films I haven't seen. HIGHlarious. These space-age shorts are fun and practical, while the pops of neon in the sunnies and sandals lend cohension. The fringe gilet adds just enough hint of hippy to make this a fest-forward look - replace with a tailored black jacket for a fun summer office look. Lastly, the attitude heavy knuckle dusters by my friends in Glasgow Bonnie Bling are a FU statement for sunshine madness......

No comments:

Post a Comment